HOLY GUACAMOLE it has been a HOT minute since I’ve done any blog posts, let alone a recipe! School has been a bit crazy lately with the semester wrapping up, so bear with me. I’m hoping that over Christmas break I’ll be able to get some more blog posts and/or recipes on here for you guys! I do stay active on my Instagram page and share some meal ideas on there. I also post my weekly meal prep in my Facebook group every week, along with all sorts of information on supplements, nutrition, healthy options at restaurants, healthy eating during the holidays, workouts every Wednesday, etc. And last but not least, my email newsletter! I have been back in the routine of sending that out every Sunday at 5pm. This past few weeks has been all about labels; such as non GMO, organic, antibiotics, etc. You can subscribe here on my website (to the right) if you’re interested! I also plan on putting them all into blog posts when the series is over.
I also surprised Dylan with tickets to a Keith Urban concert in Las Vegas over his birthday weekend (Jan. 18) and we are SO SO excited! If you’ve never seen Keith Urban in concert, do it ASAP. He is absolutely incredible. But my point is, I’m thinking about doing a “Vegas Travel Guide” after our trip! I know none of you may be going to Vegas in the near future but we’re definitely balling on a budget so I thought it might be helpful to put all of our tips, where we stayed, cheap things to do, etc. all in one place for future reference!
Okay, onto the recipe! I can’t take full credit for this by any means, I got the original recipe from Mason Woodruff and made a few minor changes. If you don’t follow Mason on Instagram, or his blog, you should! He posts TONS of really easy and macro friendly recipes. From meal prep ideas to cakes to cookies, he’s awesome! When I’m lacking inspiration for meal prep or wanting to make something fun, he’s my go-to. My favorite recipe lately has been his “No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake”. I use Pumpkin Spice Latte Level 1 protein powder in it and it’s SO GOOD! Super easy to throw together and a macro friendly alternative if you love yourself some pumpkin pie.
Here is the link to the original Chili recipe. He used an instant pot, but I don’t have one so I just browned the meat and then put that and everything else together in a large pot on the stove top.
- These are the exact ingredients I used! I’m a ding dong and accidentally got tomato paste instead of tomato sauce, but it really didn’t make that big of a difference. Just a little bit thicker if anything!
- I typically would use ground beef from home, but I didn’t have any so I got this ground turkey from Walmart because it was the cheapest! I thought it tasted great and had low fat which is great.
- I did NOT drain any of the beans and it turned out great. I would recommend just adding one by one as you stir and then you can decide if you want to drain one or two of them or not, depends on your consistency preferences.
- I found this chili seasoning at Walmart and it had the lowest sodium so that’s what I used and really liked it!
- Chili is great because you can easily customize it for your preferences. Feel free to swap out any of the canned beans/tomatoes for something else.
Healthy & Simple Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 packets chili seasoning
- Brown the meat. Depending on how lean the meat is, you may need to drain the fat.
- Transfer the meat to a large pot on the stove top and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir everything together on medium to high heat until done.
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do! I just love a warm bowl of chili in the winter. I also paired is with some lime chips and it was PERFECT. Try it out and let me know what you think!