Hey there! We have two more recipes to share with you as part of our Memorial Day blog series. A fruit trifle can be a great way to top off a meal! Angle food cake, fruit, and whipped topping! Don’t worry, you don’t have to actually make the angel food cake for this recipe 🙂 Check out our recipe below!
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pkg of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup vanilla yogurt
6 oz of cream cheese (cubed)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 t. vanilla (I recommend Watkins vanilla)
1 12oz container of frozen whipped topping (thaw out on counter top first)
2 8oz pre-made angel food cakes (cut in approx 1 inch cubes)
Desired Fruit – I use strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Whisk together the milk and pudding mix. Set aside until soft set (approx. 5 minutes).
- Using an electric mixer (with whisk attachment), beat together the yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until there is no longer any lumps.
- Using a rubber scraper, fold the pudding mixture into the mixture from step #2. Once the pudding mixture is folded in, fold in the whipped topping.
- Take about 1/3 of the angel food cake cubes and place them at the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Next, layer about 1/3 of the pudding mixture onto the angel food cake.
- Next, layer about 1/3 of your fruit.
- Next, layer about 1/3 of your whipped topping.
- Repeat steps #4-7 two more times.
Serve immediately or refrigerate. I wouldn’t prepare this dessert until the day of that you planning on serving it to prevent the angel food cake from getting soggy.
Tip: You could get the majority of these ingredients in low fat/reduced fat/light options as well if you would like to cut down on the fat content. Just remember, if it is lower fat, it typically has more sugar. Make sure to check the nutrition label! 🙂
Make sure to tag us on Instagram if you try out our recipes! Stay tuned, we have one more recipe to share tonight! Have a great weekend!