Who doesn’t love buffalo chicken dip?! I could eat it for dayyssss. If you follow me (@fitnessbykristen) on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me make this before! By making a couple of lower calorie substitutions, you can easily make a lower calorie version of the traditional buffalo chicken dip, without sacrificing taste (I promise 😉 ). I typically make a single serving of it since I’m the only one eating it, but I also have a group friendly version of the recipe as well! Whip it up quick and take it to your Memorial Day party this weekend, everyone will LOVE it.
Dippers! This is the other part of the equation that people often forget about when it comes to calories adding up. An easy swap is to use reduced fat/fat-free crackers or celery! Both are tasty options that will also save you some calories because we all know there is always PLENTY of food LOL.
Single Serving Version:
- 2.5 oz shredded chicken
- 28g fat-free cream cheese
- 28g reduced fat shredded cheese
- Buffalo sauce
Nutritional Info: 227 calories | 5g carbs | 7.6g fat | 33g protein
Note: You can also use fat-free shredded cheese if you want an even lower fat option! (I can just never find any store brand fat-free cheddar/fiesta blend at Walmart LOL)
Family/Group Size Recipe is below! Throw it in the crockpot and you’re good to go 🙂 Once again, you can use fat-free shredded cheese instead if you’d like! You could also swap out the ranch for a dry ranch packet as well.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 oz.) cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- In a crock pot, mix together all ingredients until combined.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring periodically throughout.
- Serve with desired dippers, such as crackers or celery sticks.
Don’t forget to like this post and comment below if you try it out!