As promised, here is our second recipe of the day for our Memorial Day blog series! I have put a healthy spin on the traditional fruit dip with cream cheese. Don’t get me wrong, cream cheese is DELICIOUS, but if you can find a healthier option, why not try it out?!
This recipe is quick, easy, and has only 2 ingredients! I didn’t struggle as much as Kristen did (check out her post here). haha 🙂 BUT…. the week isn’t over yet!
Light Whipped Topping
- Using a whisk, mix together equal parts of yogurt and whipped topping. For example, 1 cup yogurt and 1 cup whipped topping.
- If you would like the dip to be thicker, add more whipped topping until you reach the desired consistency.
- Make sure your whipped topping is thawed. I just let mine sit out on the counter top for 5-10 minutes. Using frozen whipped topping will effect the consistency of your dip.
- Make sure to use a whisk or fork to mix the yogurt and whipped topping together to prevent lumps.
- I haven’t tried using greek yogurt, but from my experience, it would make this dip thicker.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I usually pair this dip with apples and pineapple, but this would work for all types of fruit. Use pineapple juice, lemon juice, or salt to prevent enzymatic browning (ex: apples turning brown after being sliced). I typically use pineapple juice because it doesn’t effect the flavor as much as lemon juice or salt. All I do it quickly dunk the apple slices into the pineapple juice and then you are good to go!
Make sure to tag us on Instagram if you try out our recipes and subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out! Stay tuned for our upcoming recipes this week 🙂