If you don’t know me personally or have read our About Us section, you may not know I teach Family & Consumer Sciences…to high schoolers. We have three weeks left of school and the chaos has begun! In my school district, May has so many school-wide activities, field trips, seniors get out early, etc. that life can get pretty hectic if I don’t stay organized and on top of things. So I wanted to share tips and tricks that help me stay organized with you all!
- Take time at the beginning of the week to plan out your week. Write everything out in a planner/to do list/scrap piece of paper. I do this for my personal things, workouts, school stuff (planning, grading, etc.) and even when I am going to mow my yard.
- Have a planner/organizer! This seems so obvious, but here is my problem. I love cute planners and it is fun to write in them, but I never have the planner when I need it. 🙂 So, I use the calendar on my phone and set an alert for each event to go off prior to the event so I don’t forget. This works perfect for meetings throughout my day.
- Clean the house/create a cleaning schedule. It depends on my week and mood how I go about cleaning for the week. If my week is going to be really busy, I tend clean my entire house on Sunday because otherwise I get overwhelmed. If my week is more laid back, I just plan out my cleaning tasks throughout the week.
- Plan your meals and create your grocery list. It is easy to over look this and just fly by the seat of your pants. When your meals aren’t planned and you don’t have a specific grocery list, you will tend to spend more money at the grocery store, eat out more often, and eat convenience foods rather than healthy foods.
- Limit your screen time. This is so important because it is very easy to lose track of time when your zoning out on your phone, computer, and watching tv.
- Allow extra time in the day. Make sure to allow for extra time in your day for things that come up unplanned or for your to-dos/activities to take longer than you originally planned. This will help your day from going awry and you from becoming overwhelmed.
- Plan your outfit the night before. Take me back to my childhood days! This is definitely something I need to do more routinely because when I don’t do this, I lose 10-15 minutes in the morning figuring out what I am going to wear and then it never fails that I need to steam my clothes because they are wrinkly.
- Daily Deposit Journal. Kristen uses this everyday and she loves it. It is a place where she writes her goals, gratitude, affirmations, daily to do list, and personal development.
- Plan “Me Time”! You cannot run full speed ahead all day, everyday without getting burned out. It so important for you to plan time for yourself everyday. Take care of yourself, girl!
- Plan with your partner. If you have a partner, plan with them. Include them in this process so you both are on the same page. This helps prevent conflict as well as allows you to divide and conquer.
HERE IS THE KEY to these tips helping you… You need to be intentional about using these tips! Some of these tips can be pretty obvious, but if you are not intentional about using them, you won’t see the benefits.
I hope you find these tips and tricks helpful and plan to put them to use in your life! Make sure to follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our website to gain access to freebies, access codes, discounts, and subscribers only content!