Hey there! I know it’s been a little while since we’ve brought some new recipes to the blog, but we’re working on it! 🙂 I have a couple of yummy ones planned so stay tuned! We’ve also been sending out some great tips in our email newsletter, so if you’re not subscribed then be sure to put your email into the subscription box to the side so you don’t miss anything! Alright, onto the food 😉
Who doesn’t love loaded nachos? It’s always a fan fav in my opinion. However, the term “loaded” is usually pretty accurate LOL. Which is why I wanted to come up with a recipe that was a little bit on the lighter side when it came to calories. That way you can enjoy the entire plate all to yourself 😉 This is a perfect recipe for “Taco Tuesday” at home, or it can easily be made into a larger portion size for a perfect party appetizer!
A few notes about the recipe:
- I used 85/15 ground beef as that’s what my family has at home, so the nutritional information below will vary based on the kind that you use.
- I totally forgot about adding taco seasoning (rookie mistake), but that would be a great addition!
- I personally prep 1 lb. of ground beef at a time so all I needed to do was heat it up, hence why it’s not talked about in the actual recipe below. Just don’t forget that step!
- I am typically only making food for myself, which is why the recipe is only for one person. This can easily be multiplied for more people!
- If you don’t have an air fryer for the tortilla “chips”, just use your oven!
STEP 1: Brown your ground beef, and add taco seasoning if desired
STEP 2: Cut your tortilla into 8 pieces using a pizza cutter.
STEP 3: Spray the tortilla pieces with vegetable oil and air fry for 6-8 minutes at 400 F. Flip them over halfway through. Keep an eye on these as they have the potential to burn easily! However, you do want them to be crunchy.
STEP 4: Load those babies! This is where you add your ground beef, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, etc.!
And that’s it! These were honestly so easy to make and such a fun and yummy variation to tacos! 🙂
Loaded Beef Nachos
- 1 medium tortilla
- 3 oz. lean ground beef
- 1 serving shredded cheese
- 2 T light sour cream
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the tortilla into 8 pieces.
- Spray tortilla “chips” with vegetable oil and cook in air fryer at 400 F for approximately 6-8 minutes, turning over halfway.
- Once “chips” are done, top with ground beef, cheese, lettuce, salsa, and any other desired toppings.
Don’t forget to like this post and comment below if you enjoyed it!