Who doesn’t love chicken nuggets?! Perfect bite-sized pieces of crispy goodness 🙂 I eat a lot of chicken because 1) it’s really cheap (college life) and 2) it’s a great protein source! And to be honest, I don’t really get sick of it. I’m one of those people that can eat the same thing every day and be fine. But it is fun to get creative with how I can prepare it! My go to is always to just cook it in the crock pot and shred it up, but these chicken nuggets were just as easy and added a little extra something!
For all my mammas out there, this is a really easy recipe to have on hand for the kiddos! And for us busy and cheap college kids. So basically, everyone can benefit from this yummy recipe! 😉 I prepped the entire recipe all at once and then put them in the freezer to pull from throughout the week. BULK PREP = the key to life. It is seriously what I do with 70% of my food LOL. Prep it all and put in containers to pull from throughout the week. That way I can load up my plate with already prepped food, and then just pop it in the microwave! With these chicken nuggets, I reheated them using my air fryer. I personally think using an air fryer or the oven makes them crispier, compared to using the microwave. But if you try it let me know in the comments below how it worked! Alright, let’s get to it 🙂
These are the specific ingredients I used: (plus the chicken)
*all from Walmart
- I don’t have a specific amount of garlic to use, I just mixed in what looked to me honestly! Everybody likes different amounts of garlic/seasonings so that’s honestly just personal preference.
- The nutrition info is based on how many nuggets I got. I came up with 38 total nuggets, and I divided that into 6 servings of about 6 nuggets each. So that info may change based on how many nuggets you get and how big you want your servings to be!
- ^ in short – just divide the entire recipe by how many servings you want to get the number of nuggets per serving (if you are wanting to track your food, macros, etc.).
- The amount of chicken can easily be adjusted based on how much you have/want. Just may need to adjust your breading mixture as well!
STEP 1 – Preheat your oven to 400ºF!
STEP 2 – Grab 2 small mixing bowls. In one, whisk the egg until it’s consistent. In the other, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, and parmesan.
STEP 3 – Cut your chicken into small “nuggets”! I put more specific measurements in the recipe below, but we all know what chicken nuggets look like so you can pretty easily eyeball it! As you can see in the photo on the left, I also trimmed most of the fat off of the chicken. It’s completely personal preference and you don’t have to, just depends on what your chicken looks like to begin with!
STEP 4 – Dip each piece of chicken into the egg was first, followed by the breading mixture! Be sure to get them completely coated.
STEP 5 – Place all your nuggets spaced evenly onto a baking sheet. I actually used 2, the larger one pictured above and a smaller one. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the nuggets over halfway through.
All done! Pretty easy right? I personally prepped all of these at the beginning of the week, and then put them all in a Ziploc bag in the freezer! To reheat them I popped them in my air fryer at 400º for 10ish minutes. I prefer to reheat them in an air fryer or an oven because they stay crispy. Using a microwave would still work, I think they would just be a little softer.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
- 1.3 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 45g Italian bread crumbs
- 60g parmesan
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until smooth consistency.
- In another small bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, and garlic.
- Cut the chicken breast into small individual pieces, about 1-1 1/2” across and no more than 1/4” thick.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg wash first, and then coat with the breading mixture.
- Place nuggets onto a large sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the nuggets over halfway through.
Don’t forget to like, comment, follow, subscribe! 🙂