5 ingredients and 2 of them are a form of cheese. Need I say more?
There are 3 days a week I eat lunch on campus, and when I do I don’t have a microwave. Which means I’ve been needing to get a little more creative to come up with meals that don’t require heating up. Well, these are PERFECT. Who doesn’t love bite-sized yummy goodness? They are super quick and easy to make and can make a great addition to your lunch or a party appetizer!
Quick side note! I am releasing my “12 Week Guide” THIS Saturday!! All the info is on our Instagram stories highlights. If you are interested in purchasing, be sure to subscribe to our email list (look to the right)! All of our email subscribers will be receiving a discount code to use on Saturday to save some money on my guide 🙂
Now back to regularly scheduled programming…
These are the specific ingredients that I used:
- You can use lower carb tortillas or different variations (fat-free, full fat etc.) of the cheeses if you’d like! I personally don’t notice any taste difference when using lower fat versions of cheeses, so it’s just an easy way for me to lower the fat content.
- This recipe is just for one serving as that’s how I’ve been using it. However, it would be VERY easy to use an additional amount of each ingredient if you’re wanting to make a lot at one time for a party!
- I made my shredded chicken ahead of time in the crockpot. I cook the chicken and then shred it up with a hand mixer. Super easy way to prep a bunch of chicken all at once for the week!
STEP 1: Put chicken, shredded cheese, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce into a bowl. The amount of buffalo sauce truly depends on you! It can get a little spicy so I personally don’t do a ton, but it’s up to you. Then mix this all together until consistent! Little tip: pop it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make it easier to mix it all together.
STEP 2: Spread it out onto the tortilla. Make sure you spread it out flat to cover as much of the tortilla as possible, as this is how the individual “pinwheels” has more volume.
STEP 3: Roll it up! Try to get it as tight as possible so that it doesn’t easily fall apart. Then.. this is a trick I learned to make them come out even better… wrap it up in saran wrap and refrigerate it! You can also press ‘n seal. You don’t need to refrigerate for very long, 1-2 hours does the trick. But if you’re whipping this up at night and refrigerate it overnight to cut up the next day that works just fine! I learned that refrigerating it makes it so much easier to cut and everything stays together much better. Maybe this is a known thing and I’m just late to the party, who knows LOL. But it works either way!
These pictures are a comparison of refrigerating the roll (left) compared to not refrigerating it (right) before you cut into it. You can see how it holds together so much better!
Then cut it up and you’re good to go!
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 tortilla
- 2 oz. shredded cooked chicken
- 1 serving shredded cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1 T fat-free cream cheese
- buffalo sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken, cheese, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Place on the tortilla and flatten around covering the whole tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap in saran wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours (minimum).
- Take saran wrap off, and cut into individual pieces.
- Serve as desired.
Don’t forget to like this post and comment below if you try it! Also, be sure to subscribe to our email list to the right 🙂